What are your ideas to improve Bing?

Bing needs a new font change for search results

The fact i use google after just having searched thru bing is because im used to google font search results. Bing needs to change its font so its more readible or not so sharp edged . google also displays more links per page. Change the font bing and. People will definitely be using it more. The bing hopemage with amazing wallpapers look great but as soon as the search results pop out the whole thing looks unpleasant.

37 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Sklaptop shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  AdminBing Listens Team (Feedback Channel, Bing) responded  · 

Hi everyone,

Font is an area we’ve been actively experimenting with over the last 6 months, in particular enhancing readability. We are measuring readability closely to see if different fonts actually result in better and fast reading of our search results. We’ll continue experimenting until we find the optimal solution. Watch this space!

Bing UX team

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Vanessa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm trying to switch to Bing, but the font is just so terrible my eyes hurt when I look at the results.
        Literally changing heading font to 16px, Arial and font weight 300 would solve it for me
        (And ideally changing all font to Arial as well).

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree 100% - I don't use Bing because of the font. I just looked through the settings and it doesn't look configurable - that would solve the problem.

well that's precisely why you fail. "readibility" not being a low priority issue? the fonts on bing are just rubbish. the loading of the website is also slower than google.

• izri commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Perhaps Bing should create an option in the Bing options to change the font.
        I really like the font of Google, and don't like the font of Bing so much. And the blue of the names of the sites in the search result is too dark. Look at the Google blue color. So much nicer and not too dark.

The font is really strenuous on the eyes. In Edge (and most browsers) it's somehow jagged and blurry all at the same time. I use Google just so I don't have to hurt my eyes to see the results.

Ideas: Search Results

Feedback and Knowledge Base