What are your ideas to improve Bing?

My chosen interests are not being shown in the carousel.

On the bing.com homepage, the news carousel at the bottom of the homepage does not show news or updates on several of my chosen interests. It is my understanding that that is exactly what it is supposed to do, to show the interests I have chosen.

When you go to settings area > Interests you add and remove the categories you want from the default categories. You can also add your own topics of interest. The thing is though that most of those categories never appear in the carousel on the homepage and I wish they would.

Another issue with the Interests section of the settings area is there is no way to re-order the position of the categories/topics. I would like to move things that interest me the most to the front of the carousel and those of lesser importance have those appear towards the end of the carousel.

19 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mark shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  AdminBing Listens Team (Feedback Channel, Bing) responded  · 

Hi Mark

Just a quick follow-up on the email we sent recently. We checked with the team, and wanted to let you know we are working on updates to add more clarity and control to the personalization options, including for Sports.

Stayed tuned, and do come back to this site with other ideas you might have :-)

Thanks

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why are their so many African American profiled in your news strip in a negative way? I didn't want to come off as another complaining black man so I waited for maybe two years. I still observed the number of negative news clips involving African Americans at their worst. We make up what maybe 23% of the total populations, however, leads you news strip with a percentage I'm sure in the 80 percentile in negative focus and attention. Explore African Americans in a better light it's really sad that this is happening. I keep bing as my home page but I think it's time to change after all these years.

• Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also as a side note, in the Interests area of the settings pages I do not have anything sports or auto related yet I constantly, every day, see several tiles in my carousel about sports! As per my above post, instead of showing me several tiles regarding sports that I have no interest in why not show me the actual interests I have actually chosen to see but do not!

Ideas: News

Feedback and Knowledge Base