Thank you for your feedback about Bing. To improve how your ideas are shared and discussed, we've created the Bing Insider site. As a result, the Bing Listens portal will be shuttered soon. We look forward to getting more of your feedback at bing.com/insider. Thanks!

What are your ideas to improve Bing?

Include email to send code, not all people have cell phones, like me. I can not complete my entry because of no cell.

no cell phone just email.

421 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, thanks for the suggestion. This is a functionality we’re looking at adding though at this time we can’t confirm when exactly it will be available. Please stay tuned for more updates.

Please keep submitting ideas to make Bing a great product!

36 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • michael mckelvey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a VOIP phone. And that basically makes all of the points I have completely useless. Which in return makes Bing useless. So I use Chrome. Congrats,

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just make it verification by second email. The user isn't shown any of the email excluding the first letter and the ending (@gmail.com) so hackers are kept at bay. The user had to have had the secondary email on the account for 7 days.
        Very simple and easy to enforce, and also very effective if in the email Microsoft sends they don't give more than the first letter and the ending of the Microsoft Account email.

Just add email verification already. No one wants to give their phone number - not for a tiny amount of money anyway.

please remove the verification phone, it's unnecesary. it make that the visit to bing is down

• Jason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here. I even have the silly Microsoft app on my VoIP phone and it doesn't count. They have to be losing money from this

• John Koshy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i am also having the same problem since i don't have a cell phone to get the redeem code.

allow people with out a cell phone who have a voip phone to redeem their earned credits. Like the last time It seems that you are collecting cell #'s to SELL

• Ivan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think an email verification code could be sent instead of a text message or automated phone message.

How do I get this code I see I have to enter ? Seems I can't enter without it. Isn't right. And if this continues, I will never use Bing !!

I do not like giving out my cell phone number to anybody. Especially doing it online. I start getting all sorts of junk texts from everywhere. It's annoying at best. Please STOP this practice and requirement !!

• mvinca commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If not e-mail, then at least modern phones (VOIP). Does anyone really pay for a full-price landline or cell phone? I don't think I've done that for 10 years!

I have a profound hearing loss and unable to use the phone directly - cannot enter a sweepstakes without access to the code - would prefer email to receive the code...Bing needs to consider people with disabilities.

← Previous 1

Ideas: Rewards

Feedback and Knowledge Base