Thank you for your feedback about Bing. To improve how your ideas are shared and discussed, we've created the Bing Insider site. As a result, the Bing Listens portal will be shuttered soon. We look forward to getting more of your feedback at bing.com/insider. Thanks!

What are your ideas to improve Bing?

Cycling included in Maps

The only reason I go back to Google is to use their "cycling" option in maps. You can see all the trails in your city, and find a great route by just clicking the starting and endpoint on the map, no need for addresses. There are multiple routes to choose from, all showing elevation changes as well, which is very useful.

205 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Dylan Klein shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Philip D Larson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cortana just told me it would take me 8 minutes to get to work at this time in the morning. I wish! I'm biking-commuting to work, try to do this just about every work day. (I teach.) Would be nice it Bing Maps and Cortana could accommodate this. Google Maps does (it's for more athletic riders than me, but it's a start).

• Ray commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add Bike Option to Bing Map Directions, even if it does not have street views or elevations. Maybe add a user-filled in value of "guestimated avg MPH" to give a customized time factor for different riding abilities!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Biggest problem for me is lack of bicycle routes. Until available on Bing, I'll (sadly) be using Google.

• Roger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a fantastic idea and I fully support it. As a novice bike rider, I'd like to know where I can and cannot ride my bike, but also like to know if some destinations have a bicycling route, the approximate time and the distance, etc.

• Sergiu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I fully support this idea! This would be amazing. Also, consider the features as: buses that can take the bikes with them, bus schedules, and ALTITUDE! By altitude I mean that it's desired to go a longer way but to avoid going up the hill. Bikers can't always look at the phone, so other means of suggesting the turns should work (sound, encode with vibration, etc.)

• Florian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make it possible to plan routes for bike. I don't know if thats possible in the us, but in germany it's definitely not possible to plan cycling routes. Also it would be useful when I could say Cortana that I mostly use a bicycle for traveling and that she should suggest other routes and times before an appointment.

By the way gmaps can handle this for a long time.

• Jim M. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I second this motion. Bicycle commuting is growing around the US. Good maps would help!

Ideas: Maps

Feedback and Knowledge Base