What are your ideas to improve Bing?

Allow 'Continuous Scrolling' That Will Automatically Scroll to Page 2, etc.

Allow 'Continuous Scrolling' that will automatically scroll to Page 2, etc.

Here's an example of it in action on DuckDuckGo. As you scroll down the page results, it automatically shows Page 2, Page 3, etc.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=windows&kp=-1&ki=-1&kz=-1&kf=w&kj=kt&kx=g&kv=1&k4=-1&ks=n&kw=n&ke=-1

1,039 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    TIM shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Bryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hate the continuous scrolling also.. Please make this optional.. I can't count how many times I slowly scroll the list, spot something I want to click on then when I move the mouse to click on it - it's off the freaking page. I H A T E this and if it's not stopped or made optional I'm going back to News.google.com

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No please hate continuous scrolling, I prefer the numbering style on websites with this has been a nightmare. When moving down the websites just take too long to load or they just freeze.

• Tagus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

UserVoice seems to have cropped off my comment. Here is the rest:

The other kind is shopping for a product like “electric razors”. For this, Bing puts ads on the right, which I want, so I can see what there is before researching each.

I think Bing has the right mix of answering and exploring.

I noticed that continuous scrolling is on News, Images, and Videos, but not on standard search. Here’s why this makes sense.

When we do a standard search, we usually want an answer. For example, search “capital of Armenia”, and the infobox comes up “Yerevan”. We aren’t going to click any of the other links; we have our answer.

When we search for news, images, or videos, we usually want to explore. We’re interested in several news stories from different views, or a lot of pictures or videos of the searched item until we’re satisfied.

Of standard searches where I *do* want to explore, one kind is of a general topic, for example, “Mozart”. Bing puts lots of exploring-type stuff on the right, including the “People also search for” section, which opens the grey carousel of other composers at the top of the page. (That causes enough searching for a few hours.)

• Nathan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If this was implemented, I would hope there would be a way to turn it off. Because infinite scrolling is awful. Just sayin. My nightmares usually consist of me scrolling through an infinitely-long webpage. If I want to see the second page of results (which i usually don't), i'm totally fine with having to click a button to see it.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great Idea, would like it a lot, but it's going to take some retooling for advertising...

• Lauren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see where Tagus is coming from but, on the other hand, it would be more convenient and a change. Change is good.

I disagree. Bing has six links at the bottom of the page that wouldn't make sense at the top, and most people, including me, find all the results they want on the first page. (If someone usually doesn't, they can set Bing to show 50 results per page.)

• Will commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are so many reasons that this is better than the old fashioned Page method. Bing NEEDS to do this! It already does this for Image Search, why not normal search?

• Gerry Rivers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently bing displays results with little choices per page, expanding this would speed up the searching

• Scott McKirahan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If DuckDuckGo had even a modicum of marketing, they would already rule the search world. The infinite scrolling is certainly one of their best features along with the fact that you rarely see the same domain name repeated for a single search.

Ideas: General

Feedback and Knowledge Base