What are your ideas to improve Bing?

One design across all

Why is it that when I go on the web section, I get one style of page and when I click on the images section, I get a completely different webpage style??? Same for maps!

1,265 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Bob Jones shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

18 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Greg Kristan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just posted this request as well, so I am happy to see this has so many votes!

It just looks so odd that my Xbox search for Bing is like from 2012, yet that is a Windows 10 machine apparently. Yet using Edge on my actual Windows 10 laptop looks completely different from Xbox. Same goes with mobile search. Please just make it look consistent like Google

• Carson Morrill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bing should also be consistent with Windows 10. It would look amazing if the UI matches that of Microsoft Edge.

• Stefan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think that for a serch engine the search box is a brand itself along with the bing logo.

To be consistent with your identity you need to use the same design across all sections: Homepage, Web, Pictures, videos, news etc or even on the websites whose search is powered by Bing like MSN.

you should stop using blue color for the magnifier icon but focus on the Bing distinct colors yellow and grey

Additionally, keep search bar on top when scrolling through search results for all sections. I understand you try to adequate content for each section but even on Web section you usually leave the Search boc behind even its not a continous scroll like in the case of images.

• Nathan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really like the look of the images section. The dark scheme is modern and puts less strain on my eyes. But i don't know how a dark color scheme like that could be incorporated into the web search.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

neither the web results design is good nor the images results with that ugly black bar on top. it would be better if bing is given a modern looking look, like new msn/windows phone/zune etc.

neither the web results design is good nor the images results with that ugly black bar on top. it would be better if bing is given a modern looking look, like new msn/windows phone/zune etc.

• Tagus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with Ali Maggs. Bring the older sites in line with the design language of the newer ones like Images, Videos, and the Bing homepage.

Yes, the IMAGES look is a lot more modern and fits with the "windows 10 modern UI"

• Raymond commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Redesign your Bing search UI across all sections to be more in tune with upcoming Windows 10 UI. It would be nice to see a consistent design throughout Microsoft sites, apps, OS's, etc.

• benjer3 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When on the search results page for "Web," I feel the top bar should be the same as in "Images" and the others, rather than moving the different search types, which is disorientating. They could all be changed to be the same as on the Bing home page as well.

I'm in Italy, so it might happen only here. When I search for something, the bar where's written "WEB | IMAGES | VIDEOS | MAPS | NEWS | OTHER" changes its looking if visualizing IMAGES or WEB.

• Ali Maggs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah, the design consistency is particularly bad. Personally, I like the design currently used under Images and Video, but the Maps header looks dated and the new Web view looks very sparse. But, either way, some consistency would be nice!

• abc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

make modern looking bing, use design language like zune/windows phone 7,8

• Shan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How difficult for MS to realize that their UI design engineers suk when everyone else can see it. Please don't take me wrong. I love MS products and I use bing extensively and read all news related to MS.

The UI design area is one of few where MS performs very poor. One can argue core matters more than UI but you can see APPLE is where today is mainly due to their focus on details whether it is their device or software. they are eye candy.

So please MS - Create a very creative, innovative design team - not just for bing but also for windows 10. The W10 icons suck as well UI too flat.

On bing - The UI is not consistent between each section, between different country/regions. ALso you keep experimenting and often changing, even mimicking google.

You have to realize we use bing extensively for reason it is good and mainly WE HATE GOOGLE. But you copy them in "web" section of bing and everyone can see that. You are MS not copycats.

Re-group and create one design that is creative, unique, and CONSISTENT. MAP section is aweful too.

• Henry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is really strange and not really good for being user friendly. The Nav Bar the top on the main search page is great, but it's madness why there are around three different styles.

Also More turns to Explore - it's just not consistant.

All of the different ones appear in the sections below.

Main Search (inc. other pages)
        Search Results
        Maps
        Settings

Ideas: General

Feedback and Knowledge Base