What are your ideas to improve Bing?

Need option to add/edit places easliy like Google Mapemaker

As I've said in the title we need this feature badly i.e. to add/edit places/roads etc in Bing Maps easily as Google Map offers. Bing maps in developing countries is unimaginable because you can't find important places, even locals roads are not listed in Bing maps. These lackings are leading to bad experience. Windows phone users are suffering most, because routes or interesting places suggestions are scarce.

If Microsoft avail this feature I promise I'll volunteer to improve Bing maps in free time. I'll also do a great marketing for Bing maps among my colleagues and known ones to use it like I do for windows phone.

526 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Borhan Uddin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

21 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • moharaja commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also like to add/edit location in bing maps as a volunteer for Bangladesh section

• Vlase commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I miss HERE maps on my Lumia phone because I could also add/edit maps. Currently with Microsoft maps a lot of important places are missing but I still can't help because MS doesn't allow community to improve their maps.

And by the way Microsoft, WTF are you doing? This thread is under review since March 23, 2015. Not enough votes? What's going on?

I miss HERE maps on my Lumia :(

• Nicolas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I found this idea very interesting and what I think that should be done easily is that :

1. We can request a new satellite image from the Bing team for an area. Like that it will be updated.

2. When we get an updated satellite image, we can edit roads, building names and informations. You can also edit forest, add bike trails, hiking trails, forest, river, etc. Everything with a kind of drawing system for zones like forest, river, etc. and drag for roads positions.

3. When everything is done, it only appear on your Bing/MS account, but should be verified by Bing Maps Team for validation. So when editing, you have options like "Cancel, Save (to continue updating stuffs later) and send to validation".

I think a large number of the community are ready to help make Bing maps data better. Like that the Bing team could focus more on Street Side around the world, in every cities, villages, on some beaches like Google is doing, in airports, interesting places like Volcanos, etc. They could also focus on bird's eyes view too around the world.

• Danish Mehraj commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add feature that allows users to contribute to Bing Maps. Users should be able to add places and business establishments to Bing Maps.

• DJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Perhaps an important option with any feature like this would be a way for the user to toggle on/off edits made by users.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is no road or place of Pakistan correctly shown on bing maps. On the other hand google has mapped even small towns and villages of Pakistan correctly. Please add this feature so that I can add places, roads, and modify bing maps and so can other users. We would help you get better maps.

• ybailwal@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Use support/suggestions of users to improve/correct local maps after verification to update and upgrade maps spontaneously.

Currently a lot needs to be done, to make this map really useful.

• WikimapiaUser commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had been using my free time editing at Wikimapia for the past 7+ years. I would want to improve my area's map, but I don't really want Google to take all the glory. That is why I would really want to help improve the roads in Bing instead since I trust Microsoft more than Google. Plus, Facebook uses Bing Maps and in my country, Philippines, the maps look very pitiful that they don't even look like the place. I have read many people saying 'why does Facebook use Bing Maps instead of Google Maps', and 'Bing Maps are inferior over Google Maps'. If Bing would allow road editing, it will help Bing Maps become more trustworthy, and I believe it will eventually catch up with Google Maps in the future.

i fully agree with ideas proposed and suggested by participant.However, each idea needs micro filtration to assess its over all impact

Google Map Maker

Google Map Maker is a service launched by Google in June 2008, designed to expand the breadth of the service currently offered by Google Maps. In some countries mapping data is unavailable usually because of government restrictions on distributing data, and so to fill this void Google has decided to open up Google Maps to a collaborative community effort in certain territories. The ultimate goal of the project is to acquire sufficient high-quality mapping data to be published and used on the existing Google Maps service. Google Map Maker is a separate service, changes to Google Map Maker appear on Google Maps only after sufficient review by Google moderators.

Let the users add roads, places, name roads, places and everything, and reward them.

• Matteo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In Italy POI and public transport are horrible and I hate that can't update!

• Dibyendu Sur Roy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Correct, Bing map is good for popular cities or countries but missing many local details of other places. If they provide some add/edit features then we can help you to make Bing Map more accurate.

← Previous 1

Ideas: Maps

Feedback and Knowledge Base