Thank you for your feedback about Bing. To improve how your ideas are shared and discussed, we've created the Bing Insider site. As a result, the Bing Listens portal will be shuttered soon. We look forward to getting more of your feedback at bing.com/insider. Thanks!

What are your ideas to improve Bing?

simpler search homepage

Bing can spend countless time changing around and improving the little details all they want. The truth is, the homepage is the first thing someone will see. Simpler is better. Hire a top professional designer.
Heck, just make the page less chaotic. Bing.com currently focuses on a random picture that changes everyday instead of the search bar (which is pushed aside, up to the top left corner of the page). If you want more people to search using bing, create a more minimalist search homepage.
I read previously that you can change your settings to make a "blank homepage". Obviously, nobody wants to search "how to make bing a blank homepage" and follow steps to do so. New users aren't into doing this kind of work. People are lazy. People will just turn to Google. Work in the interest of new users. Keep it simple.

23 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Ariana LaGamma shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Brandon Thompson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For people who use the info button that is now back (at least for me) you can scroll down with your arrow keys to access the same info as well as more info.

By the way, the when hovering over the info button the pop-up box top is cut off. It always was buggy for me. If I hide the tiles then its fine though...

It is simple. The change to the tiles/cards look nice. The hamburger menu is nice. Every change so far has made Bing look better in my opinion. Anyone who uses Bing is going to find out really quickly that you can hide the tiles and the portals at the top.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bring back the "Info" button at the bottom right hand side of the page so we can learn about the image and where in the world it originated. I enjoy learning as much as I can about your images and with this new layout I haven't found anything to click on to learn more about the image let alone save a copy of it for my screen saver. Please revert back to the original layout design.

Ideas: Homepage

Feedback and Knowledge Base