Thank you for your feedback about Bing. To improve how your ideas are shared and discussed, we've created the Bing Insider site. As a result, the Bing Listens portal will be shuttered soon. We look forward to getting more of your feedback at bing.com/insider. Thanks!

Ideas

Share your feature suggestions with the people that build Bing

What are your ideas to improve Bing?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Birthday Bing Credits

For ACTIVE Bing members only, if you have a birthday coming up and you have been actively participating with the Bing searches, and its your birthday, why not give people a Bing Credit Bonus of 20 or 30 Credits?

3,241 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      29 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Bring back Bing Homepage Gallery.

I've relied on the Bing Homepage Archive to download images for my desktop. This is no longer available, and I miss it.

3,201 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        We've read your feedback  ·  263 comments  ·  Homepage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • search using an image

I'd like to submit an image & have bing search based on selected image in that object. If I take an image of a car, search for that car. If I take a picture of a prepared meal, show me a search result related to that meal. Etc.

2,464 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          19 comments  ·  Images  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey everyone,

Happy New Year! We wanted to give you an update on all the work we’ve been doing to improve the experience of searching using an image.

Search using an image
          Whether you’re on your laptop or your phone you can always search using an image.

On your laptop we allow you to search for images that are similar to the one you provide – either by pasting in an image URL or by uploading one from your computer. Just go to Bing Images on your computer (bing.com/images) and click the “Image Match” icon to the right of the search box and either paste in the URL of an image or choose to upload.

On your phone it’s just as easy. Just go to Bing Images (bing.com/images) and tap the camera icon to the right of the search box. You can snap a picture (or use one from your…

• Unlimited bing points to earn.

I'd like the option to earn more points to redeem more items. Please support this to get more points to get more items. Unlimited would be awesome and I'm sure Bing would be used a bunch more.

2,411 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            27 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Make Bing rewards available to more countries.

As I say to the title, enable the bing rewards to more countries. I live in UK and Bing Rewards are not available here.

2,329 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              152 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re excited to announce that Microsoft Rewards is now available in the UK and Australia. We will post updates here as we continue to expand the program, so keep checking back!

• Bing Rewards for consistently using Bing mutiple days in a row

Extra $ Bing Rewards for searching multiple days in a row, every day in a week, or every day in a month. OR a "coupon" for a percent off of a Bing Reward redemption if those every day goals are met.

1,924 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                19 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Show me if there's a coupon for something before I buy it

When I'm searching for a product to buy, show me if there is a coupon, discount code, or sale going on for it.

1,486 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • One design across all

Why is it that when I go on the web section, I get one style of page and when I click on the images section, I get a completely different webpage style??? Same for maps!

1,265 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    18 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Make all gift cards available to everyone

So apparently some people have gift cards that other people don't have?? This hardly seems fair to me. Cards like the Amazon and Gamestop cards are unavailable for me to redeem, however my friend can redeem them just fine. Why can't I redeem these cards, but other people can? In emails Bing claimed that this was "for improvements," but I don't understand how or why?

1,162 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      101 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As you have noticed, we often update our offers and rewards. Sometimes that means rolling out updates to a portion of users, which is done randomly, so what you see in your dashboard may be different from what your friend sees. These changes are made to optimize the program over time so we hope you’ll like the improvements that are coming up soon. Please check in over the next few months to let us know what you think!

• Allow 'Continuous Scrolling' That Will Automatically Scroll to Page 2, etc.

Allow 'Continuous Scrolling' that will automatically scroll to Page 2, etc.

Here's an example of it in action on DuckDuckGo. As you scroll down the page results, it automatically shows Page 2, Page 3, etc.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=windows&kp=-1&ki=-1&kz=-1&kf=w&kj=kt&kx=g&kv=1&k4=-1&ks=n&kw=n&ke=-1

1,039 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        13 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • More prizes for less reward points.

Yes! I glad you asked me.. I'm a Gold Member. I would like to see more prizes for less points (a lot of them!). Also, more weekly prize drawings vs. monthly drawings. Finally, I would welcome a prize program where a person can win prizes instantly while they are searching for information. In other words, if I'm searching on BING, a pop-up window could instantly appear telling me that I'm a "Instant Prize Winner on BING"!! (This would include cash, prizes, gift cards, trips, etc.). Oh Boy, more people would do more searches on BING, if there were instant prizes…

938 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          15 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback, we are currently looking at adding more levels and achievements which could be used for extra discounts. We are also working on more instant win games :) We don’t have an ETA for this feature yet but will keep this site updated.

• Use HTTPS by default

Bing already supports HTTPS but it does not use it by default, unlike Google, DuckDuckGo, Startpage, and Ixquick.

859 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            10 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Rewards to be less costly.

I want the rewards to be less costly and more up about the Gift cards besides $5 for the game stop card, and also the rixty card why can't you guys make it $10 I like bing very much but i don't like the cheapness in you guys at least make the discount alittle more BIGGER!.

848 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              23 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback, we are currently looking at adding more levels and achievements which could be used for extra discounts on certain gift cards. We don’t have an ETA for this feature yet but will keep this site updated.

• Give us back the option to earn 30 PC points per day at gold! :)

I've used Bing for a few years now with varying frequency. However, recently you have reduced it to 15 PC points a day which makes it more difficult to add up points and redeem for a reward of our choosing. With only 15 I think many of those who use search engines based upon points/rewards may choose to switch over to alternatives more often. I realize this may not be feasible and do LOVE the option for mobile points. I hope you can reconsider allowing 30 PC points again, even if it's part of a "Platinum" tier or something.

816 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                13 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback, we are currently looking at adding achievements and levels which will include more give aways like the ones you mention. We don’t have an ETA for this feature yet but will keep this site updated.

• Show Cortana replies inside Bing web searches

Cortana is a selling feature of Windows Phone 8.1 right now, and is soon to be a key feature in Windows 10 across Microsoft's ecosystem. However, Cortana is powered by Bing. In my opinion, if Microsoft wants to spread around its services, Microsoft should add limited Cortana functionality to the Bing website. Enable speech input as well as Cortana's full range of replies. Obviously many of Cortana's OS-based features such as file search, reminders and so on woulnd't function this way, but things like jokes, chitchat and social network integration should work on Bing. Right now, Microsoft really doesn't offer…

731 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  13 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey everyone,
                                  Thanks for your patience regarding your suggestion. It’s a really interesting one, and we have shared it with the team. This will take a bit more time as the team investigates the feasibility of voice search and Cortana inside Bing. However, you do currently have the ability to conduct a voice search in Windows 10 using the Task Bar search box (see the attached image for more details).

Again, thank you for all the great ideas, and do keep them coming, so we can create an even better experience for you on Bing.

• Advanced Search

While I know that there are some advanced search capabilities in bing, they are not nearly as easy to use as googles advanced search. This is a usseful feature in google, especially for students trying to define seaches when doing research for school. So in order for bing to get used more it is essential that a sophisticated advanced search feature be implemented in a easily accessible and prominent way.

540 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    12 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Need option to add/edit places easliy like Google Mapemaker

As I've said in the title we need this feature badly i.e. to add/edit places/roads etc in Bing Maps easily as Google Map offers. Bing maps in developing countries is unimaginable because you can't find important places, even locals roads are not listed in Bing maps. These lackings are leading to bad experience. Windows phone users are suffering most, because routes or interesting places suggestions are scarce.

If Microsoft avail this feature I promise I'll volunteer to improve Bing maps in free time. I'll also do a great marketing for Bing maps among my colleagues and known ones to use…

527 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      under review  ·  21 comments  ·  Maps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Please add dedicated shopping category!

Like google has shopping that's would be the only missing features Bing has is shopping instead going to amazon only one could find better prices through Bing shopping from all websites instead of going to google shopping! Thanks people please vote up this would vastly improve bings usage and usability also wed probably get awesome prices in Cortana search and a cool shopping app from ms I they make one :)

427 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        10 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • 421 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          36 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, thanks for the suggestion. This is a functionality we’re looking at adding though at this time we can’t confirm when exactly it will be available. Please stay tuned for more updates.

Please keep submitting ideas to make Bing a great product!

• Bing Vision for Windows 10

Bing Vision is available and built in to Windows Phone 8.1, but to the best of my knowledge, unavailable for Windows 8.1. I would like to be able to scan QR codes in Windows, so I would like to see one or more of the following:
                                          -A Bing Vision app
                                          -A feature of Microsoft Edge for scanning QR codes
                                          -A button on the Bing Toolbar that allows scanning of QR codes
                                          -An app for scanning QR codes
                                          Whether these are components of Windows 10, Bing, Microsoft Edge (or IE), I think that with almost all tablets having cameras people should…

400 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            14 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the idea. We are working to determine the best approach to solving these user scenarios for Windows. Beyond mobile devices, visual search is much more complicated due to the form factors, but we are working on ways to best solve these.

Keep your feedback coming, use it to improve Bing.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 94 95
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base