Ideas

Share your feature suggestions with the people that build Bing

What are your ideas to improve Bing?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. GPS in Search Results

It would be nice if you could just search stuff like "GPS" or From ESB to Times Square NY" and then it would pull up a map and offer options like:

Transit
    Plane
    Walking
    Bus
    Car
    Bike

Compass
    Longitude and Laditude
    Traffic Alerts

Bing Maps already has some of these but, people usually just search for what they want and want quick, fast, and reliable results. SO if you guys could add that, it would be fantastic!

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      We've read your feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Maps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Ongoing support for "User contribution" to view KML files in Bing Maps.

In the previous version of Bing Maps, users can overlay a KML file by including a link in the URL. Example: http://www.bing.com/maps/default.aspx?mapurl=http://66.208.114.165/sample.kml
      Can this capability be included in the new version?

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        We've read your feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Maps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Correct position of Trinidad and Tobago cities

If you use Power BI to map cities in Trinidad and Tobago, to which you append ", Trinidad and Tobago", several appear in the US and other places. One good way to display this is to get the "c" towns/cities from Wikipedia in Power BI, append ", Trinidad and Tobago" and then show on the map visualization. You'll note "California, Trinidad and Tobago" (yes, that's a town) is plotted in the US' California.

3 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
        • Provide ability to add Notes to My Places in Bing Maps

Add an editable Note field to let Bing Maps users add their own unique info to My Places; such as, a reminder to try a recommended dish at a restaurant, a club name (example: astronomy, book club, support group) & meeting times, when regularly scheduled sales start at a favorite store, etc.

1 vote
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
          • Need options to hide items in the drawing tools toolbar

We need an option/functionality to hide items in the drawing tools toolbar, We have no use for the "Add pushin" and "draw a new line/path" items, and want it hidden from the users of our application.

1 vote
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
            • You detect my location in Europe. So couldn't you set kilometers as the default?

Every time I go to Bing Maps and search for directions, the default always gets sets to "Miles".

Naturally, we all know that "Miles" is the default in the entire universe. However, there are tiny little places across the world - known as not-USA - that use those pesky little things called "Keelooometers".

As a nice way to be user friendly to those people, when you detect their location as "NOT-USA", maybe you could set the default measurement units as KM as well? ;)

3 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
              • Just tell us a date certain when you will finally update your map data!

Your underlying data source, Here.com Maps, has had many qualified/confirmed updates over the past two years. BingMaps has NOT been updated since 2014. PLEASE just tell us a Date Certain when you will finally get around to the single-most important part of any mapping program: When will you update your map data???? PLEASE don't tell us soon... we're working on it... etc. Just come clean. Will you EVER update it?

3 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • Where is a detailed map of Armenia???

It is amazing that Microsoft does not provide yet a detailed map of Armenia. This should be fixed asap and the map file should be placed under European map category, similar to the map of Georgia (country). There are more than one million tourists going to Armenia annually, so, obviously, the absence of a map for Armenia puts many inconveniences to those, who come to the country with windows phones.

1 vote
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                  • A means for your Bing Places Colleagues to Fix or Filter and then Pass on related map issues to get them fixed

Bing Places is where the Business rubber hits the Bing Map Road and the last place where businesses can actually speak to a real person. No matter how important or clear a Bing Place Map issue for a business may be - your colleagues have no way of fixing OR escalating an easy, straight up fix to get done. E.G. 8+ year verified Bing Places business still has NO Business Icon nor Business Tag - (see A Spa for You Sedona Day Spa ) and no number of Bing Map Feedback requests to change this seem to move this simple…

3 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                    • Bing Maps Underlying Data Has Not Been Updated Since 2014... Update it !!!

Bing... WHEN will you update your underlying Map Data in Southwest Michigan!!!! It's over TWO YEARS OLD and there have been many validated corrections in HereMaps that have NOT been imported into Bing Maps. PLEASE don't tell us that you will update it "soon"... or sometime in the near future. Surely you have a date scheduled for the next data ingest: Please tell us that date. This is NOT about the Preview version vs the Regular version... this is about the underlying data in BOTH versions.

10 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        We've read your feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Maps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • please get your maps up to date. we use FTD and we have to use bing maps to route our deliveries and you do not keep up to date on addresses

5115 N Biltmore Ln, Madison, WI 53718 is a biggy that you say doesn't exist every day and it causes a lot of problems with our routing system.

1 vote
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • Styling your Map

I think that a good idea to improve the Bing Maps API would be to have the opportunity to style the Map (water colour, street color, street label enable/disable, etc.)

3 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • Free aerial imagery for you.

I am the technical representative for 12 counties in Southern Alberta. We have imagery from 2015 to give you. The area of coverage is over 25000 square miles. Contact me, Don Kitchener to have the imagery shipped to you at don@mdwillowcreek.com or phone 403-461-4700

1 vote
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • Maps - Why is there a limit for the number of Favorites

this is not he Bill Gates 640K max memory days anymore.
                              but it looks like there is a limit of 300 favorites.
                              You might think that is a lot but I have collected more than that on here.com since I do photography. I have places marked in the USA and Canada and Europe.

I believe it is time to fix this issue and also make it the same limit on the App for Maps as well.
                              I would say 500,000 would be a good limit.

Plus, while you are at it, put collections on the App but like maps.bing.com has

9 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Maps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • In the UK a brilliant USP for Bing maps is that they include Ordnance Survey maps which are geared, in part, to outdoor activities. In the o

In July 2015 you said of the facility to save lines and areas on New Bing Maps "We didn’t get a chance to include these features in Bing Maps preview, but are committed to enabling them in the near future" The near future has long passed and how does Microsoft not "get a chance"!! It hasn't happened yet, any idea when it will?

1 vote
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  We've read your feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Maps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • I would like to experience street view with the HaloLens

I should be able to use voice command to go to an address or city etc.. then look around as if I am standing on the street.

1 vote
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • A comment on my case, please.

I've been waiting nearly 2 years for a simple spelling correction on my 200+ year old village. I’ve reported this error to Bing Maps multiple times using various means, and it was suggested by a moderator to post here. As of today, this issue remains uncorrected. If you would, please see my efforts by reviewing my posts to Microsoft’s Bing Maps Community forum by following these links:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/bing/forum/bing_maps-bing_dir/map-error-reporting/119d1fef-e772-4aa6-9e56-da5a5c37d5fa

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/bing/forum/bing_maps-bing_dir/for-those-who-need-bing-maps-error-correction/4f6435c1-344e-4c36-9c0b-18f6c5a8ed5d

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/bing/forum/bing_maps-bing_dir/have-you-seen-any-bingmaps-underlying-map-data/4e3e54b9-f2ea-4e16-8776-f2c7c0934e51

A comment by a Developer, and hopefully, someone who can answer my questions and the issues raised, then actually DO something would be greatly appreciated.

24 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Maps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Bing Maps, Add Share to Phone Number

Often I search for directions on my desktop. The only way to send those directions to my phone is by opening my desktop email client, emailing them to myself, waiting for it to arrive (not instant), and then clicking the hyperlink. It would be great if I could just send it as a text instantly, and have the hyperlink launch my default navigation/maps app on my phone.

3 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • Inside airports and malls

Hi,

On Maps app on W10, you can see inside airports. What store you can find, etc. It's a kind of airport map.
                                        Could be nice to see this inside the Bing Maps as well.

Also, the same features could be very helpful inside malls when you want to find which store is available and where.

Thank you

PS: In maps app on W10, I found that sometimes inside airports it's not showing correctly. For example, Ottawa airports at lvl3, the store and restaurants are going from small to big, but they are all the same size... And it's very…

1 vote
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          0 comments  ·  Maps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Make Bing Maps work like it used to...

What's gone wrong with it? all I get is a map of Amsterdam (I'm in the UK) and postcode search doesn't work - neither does the feedback link hence this post.

1 vote
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base